This vague news report would suggest that the music recording titans are gathering energies to exploit the Internet.
Will they create their own portal? Will they partner with Hulu? Will the deal with youtube be expanded or modified? Warner, EMI and Universal are reporting growth of 29-39% in their digital sales over the past year. Clearly, they have to view that as progress.
Who knows how all this will play out, except for that CD sales will continue to decline. I only bought a few in 2008. And I have so many CDs downloaded to my iPod that I can't really get excited about paying to download a song or album online.
Really, I have more than 600 artists on a device, with more than 53 days worth of music.
What I'm really excited about is this handy device that will allow me to transfer my significant vinyl collection to my iPod. Sorry, music industry. That's a whole lotta love for my iPod that is already bought and paid for, collecting dust on a shelf. Can't wait to get to it (it should arrive today, courtesy of my wife for Christmas/anniversary). I think I'll be starting with my Dylan records first.
How to Find an Elusive Four-Leaf Clover
11 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment